3P’s – Patience, Persistence & Positive Attitude are Key to Building a Successful Life!!!
On the last weekend, I reviewed the first six months of 2021 for my life. Here is the summary of what we went through.
1. We had to fly to India on an urgent basis for a family emergency.
2. My wife got stuck in India for 5 months due to flight bans from India
3. Some of the key members of our family (including my wife) in India were tested COVID-19 positive. We also lost few extended family members due to COVID. Life started to scare us!!!
4. Here in Canada, my business partners for two of my businesses decided to move on, as they felt that our vision was not in alignment.
5. We ran a program to support the newcomer community. In spite of a good program, extensive marketing and good facilitators, we did not get enough registration. We spent close to $5K for that program.
There were many other challenges that I had to look after working 18 hours a day six days a week.
Now the Successes that we achieved.
1. BMG – Brilliant Minds Group received “Leadership in Collaboration” Award from Toronto Region Immigrant Employment Council (TRIEC)
2. Canadian Immigrant published a story on my contribution to Canada Newcomer community.
3. Patrick Brown, Mayor of Brampton & Gary Collins from the Mayor’s office lauded our efforts to support the newcomer community
4. Our efforts to support the newcomer community were also lauded by senior leaders of the industry including Lara Pietrolungo, Todd Young P. Eng., Changiz Sadr, P.Eng., FEC, CISSP, Sherif Guorgui, Venu Gandreti, Hitender Sachdeva MBA, CertiCM, PMP, Lean, 6 Sigma, Sandeep (संदीप) Goel ???? and many others
5. With the support from family & friends, my wife reached back home on Canada Day (July 1).
So when I look back, I feel that “Journey was worth the efforts”
No responses yet