Either way…it will say a lot about you!
The true test of a team is when times are difficult. It is all easy when work is progressing planned. It takes no skills here. When times are tough:
1. Easy thing to do is to blame everyone with a fixed mindset but the right thing to do is to collaborate and find answers with a growth mindset
2. Easy thing to do is to create a toxic culture but the right thing to do is to create a transparent and safe culture
3. Easy thing to do is to take your ball and go home but the right thing to do is to be adaptable/agile and manage the uncertainties in front of you with everyone
4. The easy thing to do take care of your personal agenda but the right thing to do is to further the team agenda
5. The easy thing to do is to feel and make everyone feel that the world is about to end but the right thing to do is to get facts and consider options and navigate from there.
It is indeed easy to do the easy thing and very difficult to do the right thing… however, you decide: Do you want to raise yourself while tearing everyone down or do you want to raise yourself and take everyone with you. Either way.. it will say a lot about you.